Terms & Conditions
Hire it's T&C's will be implemented from 1st June 2018
“The Company” is Inspire Hire LLP trading as Hire It Furniture Ltd .
“The Client” is any company or organisation to which Hire it Furniture Ltd is contracted to supply goods and/or services.
“Goods” are any items that are the subject of any contract between Hire it Furniture Ltd and the client, regardless of ownership.
“The contract” is any written or verbal agreement between the client and Hire it Furniture Ltd for the latter to provide goods and/or services.
“Delivery” is the transfer of goods from Hire it Furniture Ltd to the Client via; 1) delivery by a Hire it Furniture Ltd employee or authorised representative or third party OR 2) collection by a client representative or authorised third party.
Booking & payment
1. The availability of goods to any given client cannot be guaranteed by Hire it Furniture Ltd until a booking is confirmed.
2. Booking is confirmed by:
a. Cleared payment of the required deposit as minimum requirement unless credit terms have been agreed by an authorised Hire it Furniture Ltd representative or agreed otherwise.
b. Acceptance of Hire it Furniture Ltd terms and conditions. Payment is also considered acceptance of Hire it Furniture Ltd terms and conditions.
3. Payment by cheque should be received by Hire it Furniture Ltd at least 7 working days in advance of the event. Booking is confirmed upon confirmation the cheque is cleared.
4. Hire it Furniture Ltd can take no responsibility for the change of availability of the goods during the time before any cleared payment.
5. Hire it Furniture Ltd reserves the right to cancel unpaid contracts at any point.
6. Hire it Furniture Ltd reserves the right to decline acceptance of any payment method(s) at its own discretion. These include but are not limited to: cash on collection or late requests to pay by cheque or invoice/purchase order after the hire.
7. Quotes are valid for no more than 7 days. They may be withdrawn at any time. Only written quotes from a Hire it Furniture Ltd representative may be honoured; telephone and other quotes and prices for services may be dismissed at Hire it Furniture Ltd’s discretion.
8. Full payment is due before delivery unless credit terms have been agreed by an authorised Hire it Furniture Ltd representative.
9. It is the responsibility of the client to ensure all relevant details of the order including, but not limited to, any requirements of the venue for delivery and collection are relayed to Hire it Furniture Ltd at the point of booking
10. Credit terms may be withdrawn at anytime
1. All bookings over £1000.00 require a refundable 50% damage deposit to be held by Hire it Furniture Ltd against damages, loss cancellation, waiting time as detailed in delivery and collection (see delivery and collection point 4) unless otherwise agreed. The deposit will be returned within 14 days after the inspection of furniture at Hire it Furniture Ltd.
2. Hire it Furniture Ltd reserves the right to retain part or all of the deposit paid to cover loss, damage or cancellation. A full assessment will be made along with a damage report that will be sent to the client if loss or damage occurs within 14 days of receiving the goods.
1. All cancellations by the client must be made in writing; either via email or recorded post. Orders are not cancelled until this is has been received. (It is recommended you confirm to Hire it Furniture Ltd receipt of your cancellation by telephone)
2. There is no charge if orders are cancelled no later than 14 days before hire start date. A full refund will be issued.
3. 0% of the hire charge is refunded if orders are cancelled within 5 days of the hire start date. Hire it Furniture LTD will refund delivery/collection costs at its discretion. This cancellation policy also applies to orders placed within this period.
4. 50% of the value of the Contract is chargeable if orders are cancelled within 14-5 days of the hire start date. Hire it Furniture LTD will refund delivery/collection costs at its discretion.
5. Any reduction of order value by the client including changes relating to delivery and collection services is treated as part cancellation and the rules and charges as outlined above apply.
6. Hire it Furniture Ltd reserves the right to cancel at any time. (This would only occur in extreme circumstances, is a very rare occurrence and something Hire it Furniture Ltd will do its best to avoid).
1. When a Hire it Furniture Ltd representative delivers the goods to the agreed site / address, and until a Hire it Furniture Ltd representative collects them, the goods are the sole responsibility of the client
2. Goods should be stored in the correct way to avoid damage, it is the client’s responsibility to ensure they know how. The information can be provided upon request.
3. Goods should be stored in secure, dry conditions. Negligence can result in loss and damage for which relevant charges defined by Hire it Furniture Ltd may apply.
4. Goods should be returned in clean, dry condition or relevant charges for replacement or repair may apply.
5. Hire it Furniture Ltd reserves the right to not leave goods with the client, if on delivery it is apparent the goods will not be kept safely or securely.
6. Late returns of goods will incur full relevant hire fees, plus any costs incurred due to subsequence interference with any other orders.
Damage and loss
1. There are charges for any goods hired from Hire it Furniture Ltd that are damaged or lost, the costs of which are available on request.
2. Loss also includes, but is not limited to, loss of staff time through labour, waiting, cleaning etc., inconvenience to other clients as a result of the client’s failure to comply with the terms and conditions and agreed hire start end times and other relevant details.
We assess damage/repairs as follows
1. Items returned in good condition with normal handling marks and scuffs are acceptable – no charge
2. Returns in a repairable damaged condition: we deduct £30 per hour per item for repairs (usually 1 hour maximum).
3. Returns in irreparable condition: we will charge you the full retail value.
4. Upholstery cleaning is charged at a minimum of £45
1. Deposit refunds are usually issued by the same means the funds are taken.
2. Hire it Furniture Ltd aims to process all refunds within 14 working days of the end of hire, though Hire it Furniture Ltd cannot guarantee the time it takes to receive the money due to processing times at banks etc.
3. The client should contact Hire it Furniture Ltd if they have not received payment within 14 days of hire end, to ensure that the refund has been processed.
4. These rules apply to any other refund.
5. Hire it Furniture Ltd will not refund any more than the value of a particular item if either proven to be faulty or not received. Hire it Furniture Ltd does not take responsibility for any additional costs or loss of earnings incurred to a client.
Delivery & collection
1. The client is responsible for providing adequate legal parking for Hire it Furniture Ltd vehicles for the whole duration of time needed for Hire it Furniture Ltd staff to safely complete delivery or collection for the order. Failure to provide adequate and legal parking may result in refusal of delivery or collection. No refunds will be given to a refused delivery. Redelivery and recollection costs maybe applicable if the service is still required thereafter.
2. Any parking tickets, fines or additional costs incurred by Hire it Furniture Ltd due to a client’s failure to provide adequate legal parking will be paid with an additional £25 admin fee and passed on to the client. Hire it Furniture Ltd reserve the right to deduct this amount from the refundable deposit. Please note that the charges, when applicable, will be subject to Value Added Tax (VAT).
3. Any fines received after this date will be charged separately.
4. Unless otherwise agreed, delivery and collection are standard service which will include:
o A client’s agreed delivery and collection will be between 9am-1pm(am) or 1pm-6pm(pm)
o Delivery/collection to the street level/ground floor with step free access within reasonable distance - up to 10 metres from nearest available parking point, or up to 10 metres into a building on the ground floor.
o Please note, narrow corridors or entry points, and other obstructions including potentially hazardous access points may be deemed as an additional service, to our standard service
o Precise delivery and collection times will be charged at an additional £50 each way.
5. It is the client’s responsibility to book an adequate lead time for both delivery and collection. Waiting time charges may apply if Hire it Furniture Ltd are in any way held or postponed from delivering or collecting from the moment Hire it Furniture Ltd arrive on site until the moment Hire it Furniture Ltd are allowed to start unloading or loading the goods. This may include Hire it Furniture Ltd vehicles being held in a queue at a loading bay, being held for security reasons or being obstructed by third parties inside or outside the venue.
6. At the point of booking or prior to the vehicle being dispatched it is the responsibility of the client to inform Hire it Furniture Ltd of any additional requirements of a venue, such as providing driver names or vehicle details, bringing personal protection equipment and vehicle passes. The client is responsible for any obstructions within the venue such as steps, doors, third party staff or even long distances to the delivery/collection point.
7. If Hire it Furniture Ltd representatives are refused access or delayed from loading/unloading to a venue for any of these reasons then relevant redelivery, recollection, waiting or additional labour charges may apply.
8. Before a collection, goods should be ready for the driver(s) in a similar manner to how they were delivered. For example, If items were delivered to a loading bay, expectation would be to collect from a loading bay. Advice on how to be ready for collection can be provided upon request. Unless other arrangements have been agreed by Hire it Furniture Ltd in writing, upon collection, the goods are to be dismantled and stacked together, as close to where our vehicle can park as reasonably practicable. In an instance where that is not the case, e.g. the hired goods are scattered around a venue in multiple rooms or tables are still fully set, additional labour charges may apply for the additional time spent collecting
9. Hire it Furniture Ltd driver(s) will endeavour to call the provided contact number(s) 15-30 minutes prior to arrival. Although Hire it Furniture Ltd will do all it can to ensure this call happens, this is an additional service and cannot be guaranteed. Nor can it be used as reason for not being present at the arranged delivery/collection address at the time of the driver’s arrival.
10. It is the client’s responsibility to ensure they or an authorised representative are present during both delivery and collection windows, failure to be present at the driver’s arrival time may incur redelivery, recollection or waiting charges.
11. Any discrepancies must be made in writing preferably on the delivery note within 3 hours of delivery. If there is no authorised person(s) present to sign for receipt and or return of the goods Hire it Furniture Ltd will choose at its discretion whether they will continue to deliver or collect the goods without a signature. In this instance the client automatically accepts the condition and quality of the stock stated by the present Hire it Furniture Ltd representative.
12. During each collection the driver will do a preliminary check and count of the goods where possible. However, with some items this count may not always be possible. Every effort will be made by Hire it Furniture Ltd staff to document any potential discrepancies during delivery and collection, the driver may not notice potential damage, dirt or loss. All items will be thoroughly checked, counted and cleaned in a controlled environment at a Hire it Furniture Ltd warehouse. It is with these warehouse reports that any stock related charges due to damage, loss or dirt are reported.
13. Hire it Furniture Ltd may refuse to collect any goods that are not ready for collection, any goods left behind are the responsibility of the paying client to return to Hire it Furniture Ltd or relevant additional hire or replacement costs will be passed on to the client.
14. Hire it Furniture Ltd reserves the right to refuse to deliver or collect in addition to charging, due to breach of any of these guidelines.
Late delivery & collection
1. Hire it Furniture Ltd will always endeavour to arrive as scheduled and has a strong track record for being on time. This may not always be possible due to traffic, weather conditions, issues with other jobs and any other delays. For this reason, Hire it Furniture Ltd recommends scheduling delivery within a ‘safe’ time which allows for the worst to happen and your event to function with other arrangements. Hire Ltd can accept no responsibility for a client’s failure to account for this matter and will not compensate beyond the value of any monies taken for any given job.
2. If Hire it Furniture Ltd is at fault and in breach of its agreement with the client, Hire it Furniture Ltd may refund partial or whole delivery fees. This will be based on how late Hire it Furniture Ltd are, and whether the client has allowed sufficient time as per Hire it Furniture Ltd guidelines to account for this.
Self-collection & delivery
1. A valid form of photo ID must be provided to Hire it Furniture Ltd before Hire it Furniture Ltd hand over the hired goods. A passport or drivers licence, as well as national ID cards from European Union member states and any form of ID produced by the Home Office are the only accepted forms of identification.
2. Clients who choose to collect or return goods themselves must use vehicles suitable for this purpose including means of securing the goods safely. Hire it Furniture Ltd reserves the right to refuse the release of hired goods to any client without a suitable vehicle for the safe carriage of hired goods.
3. Hire it Furniture Ltd are not responsible for any waiting charges incurred to a client by a courier service. To prevent these types of charges it is advised that you provide the courier with the name you booked your order under and the job identification reference. It is also advised that you keep in contact with Hire it Furniture Ltd to inform which, what courier company has scheduled and estimated time of arrival.
4. It is the Clients Responsibility to accept the condition of the goods and their state on both the collection and delivery
Hire of goods
1. The hired goods and equipment remain property of Hire it Furniture Ltd at all times. All Hire it Furniture Ltd property may not be held as collateral to any debts whether it be a client’s, Hire it Furniture Ltd or third-party debt.
2. Stock images on Hire it Furniture Ltd website(s) are regularly kept up to date with pictures of Hire it Furniture Ltd actual holding stock. However, stock items may slightly differ from the images shown on the website.
3. Every effort will be made to meet order specifications, however in the event that an item is unavailable Hire it Furniture Ltd reserves the right to substitute the item(s) with a similar item to the nearest specifications.
4. Clients are solely responsible for the condition and safety of the hired goods from the moment of delivery or self - collection. It is the clients responsibility to advise of any concerns with stock at the time of delivery and sign off at this point. In the instance that the client is unavailable for inspection at the time of delivery it is the clients responsibility to advise of any issues/concerns with the stock as soon as possible. It should be noted that once the delivery has occurred the client is fully responsible for all items.
5. It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that the stock hired from Hire it Furniture Ltd will fit in the required area. Hire it Furniture Ltd stock measurements are available on Hire it Furniture Ltd website(s) or upon request. The client is responsible to ensure all goods are to be returned in a clean and dry condition. Items such as upholstered or seat pads can easily be damaged by mildew, burns and candle wax. Any items that are returned in a condition that can no longer be cleaned or repaired to the condition in which Hire it Furniture Ltd delivered in, full replacements costs may be charged.
6. During a “set-up” clients are advised to stick to the agreed plan. A “set-up” is a service that is only to be done once per order. This service is applicable when ordering a “Premium delivery” and is not available with “Standard delivery” or “Standard Delivery Plus”. If the client is not happy with the plan upon completion, depending on other commitments Hire it Furniture Ltd may refuse to spend additional time on site amending the “set-up”. Hire it Furniture Ltd may also charge for any additional labour time spent on site if the plan changes or Hire it Furniture Ltd are obstructed from setting up.
7. It is the client’s responsibility to ensure the person responsible for fire safety at the premises has conducted a fire safety risk assessment of the venue and its contents. It is the client’s responsibility to assess fire safety standards and notify Hire it Furniture Ltd before ordering if fire safety standards do not satisfy fire safety conditions.
These terms and conditions shall be governed and constructed and shall take effect in accordance with the Laws England and Wales and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh Courts.