Terms & Conditions
“The Company” is Hire It Furniture Ltd trading as Hire it.
“The Client” is any company or organisation to which Hire it Furniture Ltd is contracted to supply goods and/or services.
“Goods” are any items that are the subject of any contract between Hire it Furniture Ltd and the client, regardless of ownership.
“The contract” is any written or verbal agreement between the client and Hire it Furniture Ltd for the latter to provide goods and/or services.
“Delivery” is the transfer of goods from Hire it Furniture Ltd to the Client via; 1) delivery by a Hire it Furniture Ltd employee or authorised representative or third party OR 2) collection by a client representative or authorised third party.
Booking & payment
- Hire it Furniture Ltd cannot ensure the availability of goods to a particular customer unless an order has been confirmed.
- Payments can be made by bank transfer, by debit or credit card (fees may apply) or cheque.
- An order is confirmed and stock is reserved by:
- The minimum requirement for hiring from Hire it Furniture Ltd is the payment of a deposit unless credit terms have been authorized by a representative of the company or agreed upon otherwise. The customer is responsible for paying the company by the due date specified in their agreement, and failure to do so will result in the customer being charged interest on the late payment at a rate of 2.5% above the Bank of England’s lending rate. The company’s credit terms are 30 days from the date of the invoice unless extended terms have been agreed upon in advance. All fees payable by the customer are subject to these terms.
- Payment is also considered acceptance of Hire It Furniture Ltd terms and conditions.
- Payment by cheque should be received by Hire it Furniture Ltd at least 7 working days in advance of the event. Booking is confirmed upon confirmation the cheque is cleared.
- Hire it Furniture Ltd cannot be held accountable for any fluctuations in the availability of goods prior to receiving cleared payment.
- Hire it Furniture Ltd reserves the right to cancel unpaid contracts at any point.
- Hire it Furniture Ltd reserves the right to decline acceptance of any payment method(s) at its own discretion. These include but are not limited to: cash on collection or late requests to pay by cheque or invoice/purchase order after the hire.
- Quotes are valid for no more than 7 days. They may be withdrawn at any time. Only written quotes from a Hire it Furniture Ltd representative may be honoured; telephone and other quotes and prices for services may be dismissed at Hire it Furniture Ltd.’s discretion.
- Full payment is due prior to delivery or self-Collection. Goods cannot be released unless funds are cleared, or credit terms have been agreed by an authorised Hire It Furniture Ltd representative. The company’s credit terms are 30 days from the date of the invoice unless extended terms have been agreed upon in advance. All fees payable by the customer are subject to these terms.
The customer is responsible for paying the Hire It Furniture Ltd by the due date specified in their agreement, and failure to do so will result in the customer being charged interest on the late payment at a rate of 2.5% above the Bank of England’s lending rate.
- At the time of booking, the client is responsible for communicating all necessary order details, such as delivery and collection requirements for the venue, to Hire it Furniture Ltd. This includes but is not limited to such details.
- Credit terms may be withdrawn at anytime
- Hire it Furniture Ltd mandates a refundable deposit of 50% for all bookings, to be held as collateral against damages, loss, cancellation, and waiting time as specified in the delivery and collection guidelines (refer to point 4). This requirement may be waived if alternate arrangements are made. Upon the stock’s return to the warehouse, the deposit will be refunded after inspection. Typically, the refund will be processed within 14 days after inspection, in most cases.
- Hire it Furniture Ltd reserves the right to retain part or all the deposit paid to cover loss, damage or cancellation. A full assessment will be made along with a damage report that will be sent to the client if loss or damage occurs within 14 days of receiving the goods.
- Slight damage waiver. A non-refundable slight damage waiver of 3% will be charged on all Bookings. This covers cleaning and general wear and tear. This does not cover any missing or damaged furniture; in this event, the Client is liable for the repair or replacement cost where necessary.
Cancellation / Postponed
All cancellations and postponements made by the client must be made in writing, either via email or recorded post. Orders are not cancelled until this is has been received. You MUST receive confirmation from Hire it Furniture Ltd that your cancellation request has been received and accepted.
- 14 days’ is the minimum notice period required to obtain a full refund.
- No Refunds will be issued for cancellations up received up to 14 days before your scheduled delivery date.
- All orders that have been postponed will be credited for 12 months from the date of postponement. The deposit will be refunded upon postponement.
- Any reduction of order value by the client including changes relating to delivery and collection services is treated as part cancellation and the rules and charges as outlined above apply.
- Hire it Furniture Ltd reserves the right to cancel at any time. (This would only occur in extreme circumstances, is a very rare occurrence and something Hire it Furniture Ltd will do its best to avoid).
Contracted booking refers to an agreement between Hire it Furniture Ltd and a client for the provision of furniture for specific events on agreed-upon dates and pricing.
- In the case of contracted cancellation, if the client has signed a contract for advance bookings with a minimum value of £20,000.00 per event and delivery location, the following cancellation policy will apply:
- If the cancellation is made within 90 days of the delivery date, 55% of the order value will be retained, or if payment is outstanding, it will be required. However, Hire It Furniture Ltd reserves the right to exercise discretion on a case-by-case basis.
- If the cancellation is made within 60 days of the delivery date, 100% of the order value will be retained, or if payment is outstanding, it will be required. However, Hire It Furniture Ltd reserves the right to exercise discretion on a case-by-case basis.
- When a Hire it Furniture Ltd representative delivers the goods to the agreed site / address, and until a Hire it Furniture Ltd representative collects them, the goods are the sole responsibility of the client
- Goods should be stored in the correct way to avoid damage; it is the client’s responsibility to ensure they know how. The information can be provided upon request.
- Goods should be stored in secure, dry conditions. Negligence can result in loss and damage for which relevant charges defined by Hire it Furniture Ltd may apply.
- Goods should be returned in clean, dry condition or relevant charges for replacement or repair may apply.
- Hire it Furniture Ltd reserves the right to refuse delivery if it is apparent the goods will not be kept safely or securely.
- Late returns of goods will incur full relevant hire fees, plus any costs incurred due to subsequent interference with any other orders.
Damage and loss
- Failure to return goods hired from Hire it furniture Ltd or furniture that is returned damaged will incur an additional charge.
- Loss also includes, but is not limited to, loss of staff time through labour, waiting, cleaning etc., inconvenience to other clients because of the client’s failure to comply with the terms and conditions and agreed hire start end times and other relevant details.
We assess damage/repairs as follows.
- Items returned in good condition with normal handling marks and scuffs are acceptable – no charge.
- Returns in a repairable damaged condition: we deduct £30 per hour per item for repairs.
- Returns in irreparable condition: we will charge you the full retail value.
- Upholstery cleaning is charged at a minimum of £45.
- Deposit refunds are usually issued by the same means the funds are taken.
- Hire it Furniture Ltd aims to process all refunds within 14 working days of the end of hire, though Hire it Furniture Ltd cannot guarantee the time it takes to receive the money due to processing times at banks etc.
- The client should contact Hire it Furniture Ltd if they have not received payment within 14 days of hire end, to ensure
- These rules apply to any other refund.
- Hire it Furniture Ltd will not refund any more than the value of a particular item if either proven to be faulty or not received. Hire it Furniture Ltd does not take responsibility for any additional costs or loss of earnings incurred to a client.
Delivery & Collection
- The client is responsible for providing adequate legal parking for Hire it Furniture Ltd vehicles for the whole duration of time needed for Hire it Furniture Ltd staff to safely complete delivery or collection for the order. Failure to provide adequate and legal parking may result in refusal of delivery or collection. No refunds will be given to a refused delivery. Redelivery and recollection costs maybe applicable if the service is still required thereafter.
- Any parking tickets, fines or additional costs incurred by Hire it Furniture Ltd due to a client’s failure to provide adequate legal parking will be paid with an additional £25 admin fee and passed on to the client. Hire it Furniture Ltd reserve the right to deduct this amount from the refundable deposit. Please note that the charges, when applicable, will be subject to Value Added Tax (VAT).
- Any fines received after this date will be charged separately.
4. Unless otherwise agreed, delivery and collection are kerbside service which will include:
- A client’s agreed delivery and collection will be between 9am-1pm(am) or 1pm-6pm(pm)
- Delivery/collection to the street level/ground floor with step free access within reasonable distance – up to 10 metres from nearest available parking point, or up to 10 metres into a building on the ground floor.
- Please note, narrow corridors or entry points, and other obstructions including potentially hazardous access points may be deemed as an additional service, to our kerbside service.
- Precise delivery and collection times will be charged at an additional £50 each way.
- It is the client’s responsibility to book an adequate lead time for both delivery and collection. Waiting time charges may apply if Hire it Furniture Ltd are in any way held or postponed from delivering or collecting from the moment Hire it Furniture Ltd arrive on site until the moment Hire it Furniture Ltd are allowed to start unloading or loading the goods. This may include Hire It Furniture Ltd vehicles being held in a queue at a loading bay, being held for security reasons or being obstructed by third parties inside or outside the venue. Hire it offer the first 30 minutes free of charge. Anytime over this will be charged at £80 per hour.
- At the point of booking or prior to the vehicle being dispatched it is the responsibility of the client to inform Hire it Furniture Ltd of any additional requirements of a venue, such as providing driver names or vehicle details, bringing personal protection equipment and vehicle passes. The client is responsible for any obstructions within the venue such as steps, doors, third party staff or even long distances to the delivery/collection point.
- If Hire It Furniture Ltd representatives are refused access or delayed from loading/unloading to a venue for any of these reasons then relevant redelivery, recollection, waiting or additional labour charges may apply.
- Prior to a collection, goods should be ready for the driver(s) in a similar manner to how they were delivered. For example, If items were delivered to a loading bay, expectation would be to collect from a loading bay. Advice on how to be ready for collection can be provided upon request. Unless other arrangements have been agreed by Hire it Furniture Ltd in writing, upon collection, the goods are to be dismantled and stacked together, as close to where our vehicle can park as reasonably practicable. In an instance where that is not the case, e.g., the hired goods are scattered around a venue in multiple rooms or tables are still fully set, additional labour charges may apply for the additional time spent collecting.
- Hire it Furniture Ltd driver(s) will endeavour to call the provided contact number(s) 15-30 minutes prior to arrival. Although Hire it Furniture Ltd will do all it can to ensure this call happens, this is an additional service and cannot be guaranteed. Nor can it be used as reason for not being present at the arranged delivery/collection address at the time of the driver’s arrival.
- It is the client’s responsibility to ensure they or an authorised representative are present during both delivery and collection windows, failure to be present at the driver’s arrival time may incur redelivery, recollection or waiting charges.
- Any discrepancies must be made in writing upon receipt by email or call Hire it directly. If there is no authorised person(s) present to sign for receipt and or return of the goods Hire it Furniture Ltd will choose at its discretion whether they will continue to deliver or collect the goods without a signature. In this instance the client automatically accepts the condition and quality of the stock stated by the present Hire it Furniture Ltd representative.
- During each collection the driver will do a preliminary check and count of the goods where possible. However, with some items this count may not always be possible. Every effort will be made by Hire it Furniture Ltd staff to document any potential discrepancies during delivery and collection, the driver may not notice potential damage, dirt, or loss. All items will be thoroughly checked, counted and cleaned in a controlled environment at a Hire it Furniture Ltd warehouse. It is with these warehouse reports that any stock related charges due to damage, loss or dirt are reported.
- Hire it Furniture Ltd may refuse to collect any goods that are not ready for collection, any goods left behind are the responsibility of the paying client to return to Hire it Furniture Ltd or relevant additional hire or replacement costs will be passed on to the client.
- Hire it Furniture Ltd reserves the right to refuse to deliver or collect in addition to charging, due to breach of any of these guidelines.
Hire It Crew Booking – Premium service
- If the event space is not available for setup or breakdown at the specified times mentioned in the booking confirmation, an additional charge of £90.00 per hour of wait time will be levied.
- In case the items are not ready for collection on the date/time mentioned in the booking confirmation, an extra full-day hire fee will be applied.
- Without our permission, Hire It Furniture Ltd.’s team must move or stack furniture.
Client using own crew (collections)
In the instance where the Hire it furniture Ltd Crew are not booked we will at our discretion allocate crew to supervise the derig and loading into the vehicle and an additional charge. This will ensure that the furniture is returned with limited damages and adheres to our high standards.
- For events where our crew is onsite for more than 4 hours, the client is expected to offer light refreshments and beverages at a minimum. For longer durations, crew members are entitled to a hot meal or a meal allowance of up to £25 per person.
- If the crew is required to be onsite for over 8 hours during the day, the client must provide both lunch and a hot evening meal. Alternatively, a subsistence allowance of £45 per person can be given.
- In cases where the event is located more than 60 miles from London and ends after midnight, the client must provide bed and breakfast accommodation. However, this is subject to prior agreement with Hire it Furniture Ltd.
- If crew require are required to stay on site in unsociable hours 24:00 – 06:00 beyond the agreed arrangement the client is require providing a taxi or overnight accommodation.
Late delivery & collection
- Hire it Furniture Ltd will always endeavour to arrive as scheduled and has a strong track record for being on time. This may not always be possible due to traffic, weather conditions, issues with other jobs and any other delays. For this reason, Hire it Furniture Ltd recommends scheduling delivery within a ‘safe’ time which allows for the worst to happen and your event to function with other arrangements. Hire Ltd can accept no responsibility for a client’s failure to account for this matter and will not compensate beyond the value of any monies taken for any given job.
- If Hire it Furniture Ltd is at fault and in breach of its agreement with the client, Hire It Furniture Ltd may refund partial or whole delivery fees. This will be based on how late Hire it Furniture Ltd are, and whether the client has allowed sufficient time as per Hire it Furniture Ltd guidelines to account for this.
Self-collection & delivery
- A valid form of photo ID must be provided to Hire it Furniture Ltd before Hire it Furniture Ltd hand over the hired goods. A passport or driver’s license, as well as national ID cards from European Union member states and any form of ID produced by the Home Office are the only accepted forms of identification.
- Clients who choose to collect or return goods themselves must use vehicles suitable for this purpose including means of securing the goods safely. Hire it Furniture Ltd reserves the right to refuse the release of hired goods to any client without a suitable vehicle for the safe carriage of hired goods.
- Hire it Furniture Ltd are not responsible for any waiting charges incurred to a client by a courier service. To prevent these types of charges it is advised that you provide the courier with the name you booked your order under and the job identification reference. It is also advised that you keep in contact with Hire it Furniture Ltd to inform which, what courier company has scheduled and estimated time of arrival.
- It is the Clients Responsibility to accept the condition of the goods and their state on both the collection and delivery
Hire of goods
- The hired goods and equipment remain property of Hire it Furniture Ltd at all times. All Hire it Furniture Ltd property may not be held as collateral to any debts whether it be a client’s, Hire it Furniture Ltd or third-party debt.
- Stock images on Hire it Furniture Ltd website(s) are regularly kept up to date with pictures of Hire it Furniture Ltd actual holding stock. However, stock items may slightly differ from the images shown on the website.
- Every effort will be made to meet order specifications, however in the event that an item is unavailable Hire it Furniture Ltd reserves the right to substitute the item(s) with a similar item to the nearest specifications.
- Clients are solely responsible for the condition and safety of the hired goods from the moment of delivery or self – collection. It is the client’s responsibility to advise of any concerns with stock at the time of delivery and sign off at this point. In the instance that the client is unavailable for inspection at the time of delivery it is the client’s responsibility to advise of any issues/concerns with the stock as soon as possible. It should be noted that once the delivery has occurred the client is fully responsible for all items.
- It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that the stock hired from Hire it Furniture Ltd will fit in the required area. Hire it Furniture Ltd stock measurements are available on Hire it Furniture Ltd website(s) or upon request. The client is responsible to ensure all goods are to be returned in a clean and dry condition. Items such as upholstered or seat pads can easily be damaged by mildew, burns and candle wax. Any items that are returned in a condition that can no longer be cleaned or repaired to the condition in which Hire it Furniture Ltd delivered in, full replacements costs may be charged.
- Clients are instructed to adhere to the agreed plan during a “set-up” service, which is a one-time service provided for each order. This service is only available for “Premium delivery” and cannot be requested for “Kerbside delivery” or “Standard Delivery Plus”. If the client is dissatisfied with the plan after completion, Hire It Furniture Ltd may decline to allocate additional time for adjustments depending on their other obligations. Furthermore, if the plan changes or Hire it Furniture Ltd is prevented from completing the setup, they may charge for any additional labour time expended on-site. A “Premium delivery” set-up includes two hours of labour, and any extra time required to complete the set-up will be charged to the client after the service.
- It is the client’s responsibility to ensure the person responsible for fire safety at the premises has conducted a fire safety risk assessment of the venue and its contents. It is the client’s responsibility to assess fire safety standards and notify Hire it Furniture Ltd before ordering if fire safety standards do not satisfy fire safety conditions.
- 8. Force Majeure. No liability is accepted for failure of performance including but not limited to strike, lockout, accidents, fire, floods, ice and snow, obstruction, legislation, sickness or other such events beyond the control of The Company
Limitation Of Liability
Hire it Furniture Ltd.’s total liability in contract, tort, misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise arising in connection with the performance or contemplated performance of the Hire it Furniture Ltd’ obligations under those terms will be limited to the price which the customer has agreed to pay for the hired or sold goods and/or the provision of the services supplied by the Hire it Furniture Ltd
Covid-19 Cancellation Policy
If your event is forced to close (within our cancellation policy) due to a change in government legislation, we may give you a discretionary refund provided:
- The legislation wasn’t already in place at the time of the booking.
- You can provide us documented proof of the legislation.
- You provide us with at least 24 hours’ notice.
- A £25+VAT admin fee applies.
Kindly be aware that any extra expenses arising from tasks such as loading, delivery, cross-hiring, or the procurement of certain items at cost will be subtracted from the overall amount owed. Moreover, your contract may contain specific details that override these conditions, such as if a limited-time offer incorporates provisions for pandemic-related lockdowns that render the cost non-refundable. Please note that this does not impact your legal entitlements.
Covid-19 Secure Policy Hire It Team
Where possible we are working remotely to minimise the risk of transmission. Essential staff that are required at our premises are kept to a minimum to ensure that we are practicing social distancing where possible as per the government.
guidelines (1m to 2m’s). Full PPE has been installed and a full hygiene policy is in place. Back-to-back or side-by-side working wherever possible.
Visitors and contractors
Currently Hire it have suspended the self-collection facility to minimise external interaction. External contractors are encouraged to maintain a safe working environment and follow social distancing, using signage, barriers, and floor markers. We will provide hand washing and/or hand sanitising products and ask all visitors to use these as they enter the premises and throughout their visit. We will display recommended hygiene practice posters.
Deliveries & Collections
In line with COVID legislation, all deliveries and collections will take place within a scheduled time slot to allow our clients to ensure the social distancing practice is in place on arrival.
Kerbside Service – Driver will remain in the vehicle whilst stock is unloaded from the vehicle Standard plus service – Only Hire it team partner will be authorised to load/unload Hire it vehicles. Premium – with be in conjunction with clients’ procedures.
Prior to delivery where practical all items will be sanitised prior to loading. Following collection all items will be quarantined for sanitisation prior to returning to shelving.
These terms and conditions shall be governed and constructed and shall take effect in accordance with the Laws England and Wales and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh Courts.
Last updated Apr 2023 Hire it Furniture Ltd