How To Hire
How to hire with us in six easy steps.
Make an enquiry
The quickest and easiest way to make an enquiry is via our website. Browse our collection and search by colour, style or keyword. Add any items you are interested onto your wish list, fill in our handy form, then click submit. If you have any questions, give us a call and the sales team will be happy to help.
Our Sales Team Get In Touch
Once submitted, your enquiry is picked up by the Sales Team. They will check the items’ availability for the hire dates provided and send you a quote with photographs for ease of reference. Please note, our hire charges are based on multiples of weeks. Contact your Sales Advisor directly if you want to make a booking – use the contract number on your quote as a reference.
Confirm Your Quote
Contact your Sales Advisor to tell them which items you’d like to book. To confirm a hire and before items can be collected, you need to complete our Rental Agreement and make payment. To find out more about payment terms, see our FAQs or speak to Accounts.
Job is Packed And Dispatched
Confirmed hire jobs are packed ready for collection from the Loading Bay. You will need to arrange your own transport – we can recommend a trusted courier service. Your driver will need to quote your contract number and company name on arrival. Items are wrapped where appropriate but we require transport companies to provide blankets and ties. We recommend you check all items and call us with any queries – keep the delivery note and original packaging.
Job is Returned
You should return all items by the date agreed with your Sales Advisor – please call us in advance if anything changes. Use the delivery note to check you have included all items and chargeable packaging needed for the return. Once received, your job will be checked and we will notify you if there is anything missing or not as expected. Job completed!
On our website
- Browse our categories and collections using the top navigation bar.
- Use the category filters to sort by type, colour, style, material or size.
- Search by keyword, description or stock code using the search box (click the magnifying glass to open).
At our showroom
- View our extensive collection in person; everything is displayed and arranged by style and colour to make selecting to your brief as easy as possible.
- Explore our vast and varied collection of small items (not shown on our website).
We recommend that you come to view items in person; whilst we do our best to convey accuracy in our images, the colour and condition may vary. If you are coming in to view a particular item, call ahead and we will double check it is in stock.
On our website
- Click ‘Create an Enquiry’ on the homepage. You will be prompted to register for an online account for easy sign-in next time.
- Click the ‘Add to Enquiry’ button for any items you are interested in. You can work on multiple enquiries at one time and separate your lists into different sets or productions.
- Visit ‘My Enquiries’ to review your list(s) and make any changes to items or quantities. Once you are ready, complete the enquiry details form, provide your hire dates and click ‘Submit Enquiry’.
- You will receive an email to confirm we have received your enquiry. We aim to respond to all online enquiries within 24 hours and prioritise based on hire collection date.
- A member of the Sales Team will send you a quote via email listing the items currently available for your dates.
- If you have any questions or want to make a booking, please contact your Sales Advisor directly – once submitted, you cannot make any further changes to enquiries via the website.
Via phone / email
- The Sales Team can provide a quote for items over the phone or via email. Use our stock codes (e.g ARM002) as a reference and provide your hire dates so we can check availability.
- If you would like prices for more than 3 items, we recommend submitting an online enquiry or listing the stock codes via email - this is the quickest way to receive a quote for multiple items. Please include your hire dates so we can also check availability.
At our Showroom
- For furniture and large items, view and photograph them at our showroom then speak to a member of the Sales Team. You can simply show your pictures or walk around with them if you prefer; they will give prices and check availability whilst you are here. All items are labelled with a stock code – it is helpful to make a note of this and use as a reference when enquiring.
- For small items, we ask clients to make their personal selection onto a labelled trolley and we can then easily add these to a quote. Please note, you can only reserve small items on a trolley 2 weeks prior to your collection date. If you are planning to visit in advance of this, you can take reference pictures and get ballpark costs in the meantime then re-visit to make a selection nearer to your hire dates.
How do I make a booking?
Contact your Sales Advisor to tell them which items from the quote you would like to book. They will make any final amendments and send you a revised quotation.To confirm a hire and before items can be collected, you need to complete a Rental Agreement or send us a Purchase Order.
For clients without a credit account, we require payment for the hire via card over the phone or bank transfer before collection. For more information, see PRICING & PAYMENT below.
What is a Rental Agreement?
To confirm a hire and before items can be collected, you need to either complete a Rental Agreement or send us a Purchase Order.
Our Rental Agreement is a short online form; your Sales Advisor will send you a link to it via email. It should be completed with the hiree’s details and contract number (found on our quotes) then signed (you can sign using a computer mouse or your finger if on mobile).
Once you click submit, the Rental Agreement is automatically sent through to the Sales team.
What happens if I need to cancel items?
If you need to cancel hire items, please contact us at least 24 hours before your collection date.
A cancellation fee (50% of the total hire cost) is charged for confirmed hires cancelled within 24 hours of collection. This is to cover the costs of labour, packing and loss of potential hires.
How do you price your items?
Our hire charges are based on multiples of a week and do not include VAT or transport.
1 week is our minimum charge period although we will ask you to confirm your return date as this can affect item availability.
Each item is given a replacement value as listed on our quotations. This is the maximum amount that would be charged if an item was lost or damaged beyond repair and should be used for insurance purposes.
Our weekly hire charges are calculated as follows:
Week 1 10% of the item replacement value
Week 2 5% of the item replacement value
Week 3 onwards 2.5% of the item replacement value
How do I make payment?
For clients without a credit account, we require payment for the hire before items can be collected. Our payment terms for credit account clients are 30 days from invoice date unless otherwise detailed.
Payment can be made via card over the phone; we accept all major credit and debit cards including Visa, Mastercard and American Express. You will need to quote your contract number when you call. We can email a receipt to you should you need.
Payment can also be made via bank transfer. We will require a remittance to be sent via email as proof of payment. Please let your Sales Advisor know if you need a copy of our bank details or a pro forma invoice.
For new clients or clients taking items abroad who choose to pay via bank transfer, we require an additional refundable card payment of £1 as security against any additional charges.
Please note, in providing your card details, you authorise the use of this card for any outstanding additional charges e.g extended hire, loss or damage. You will receive a notification before if being charged.
When will I receive my invoice?
We raise final VAT invoices the day after jobs are dispatched. These are emailed or posted to the address on your Rental Agreement or Purchase Order.
Please let your Sales Advisor know if you need a pro forma invoice in order to make payment in advance. If paying by credit card, we can send a digital receipt to you in the meantime.
How can I apply for a credit account?
Please download an account application form below, complete and return it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To open a credit account we require the following:
- First two jobs to be paid in advance
- First £2500 + VAT to be paid in advance
- If account has not been used for 12 months, new credit terms apply
- Account invoice to be paid in 30 days, failure to do so will result in credit account being closed
To find out if you meet the requirements, please contact our Accounts team and they will check and advise.
We ask that clients do not remove or alter any art fixings or remove glass and pictures from their frames to avoid a reframing or damage charge.
We hold copyright licences for artwork where ‘Licence to Use’ is included in the item description on your quote. You can also use the ‘Licence to Use’ filter on our website to view artwork by this type. For these items, we are able to sign an artwork release form provided by the client listing the relevant artwork stock codes.
It is the client’s responsibility to do any research to gain permission to use for their needs; we will of course provide information where we are able. For more information on copyright clearance, please see ‘Other Questions’ below or call us to discuss.
All our beds are sent dismantled for easy assembly on set. All parts are listed in the item description.
We have mattresses available to hire; these are priced and hired separately so please let your sales advisor know if you would like to hire a mattress.
We have headboards available to hire which work particularly well with our divan base beds. Our headboards are not freestanding; they should be supported from behind against a wall and not fixed to any bed or surface.
Our lamp bases and shades are priced and hired separately. We have lamp and shade combinations photographed on our website or you can view the full collection by visiting our showroom. Please speak to your sales advisor to discuss your requirements and check your hire quotation before confirming to ensure you have everything you need.
Lamp shade fitting accessories and adaptors (e.g shade carriers) will be provided and charged if not returned.
Lightbulbs are not sent with lamps unless specialist bulbs are required - this will be listed in the item description.
We can provide you with information on what lightbulbs are required for your hire in advance – please speak to your sales advisor to discuss.
Please note, some of our more delicate lamps require low wattage bulbs to avoid damage by over-heating, this will be noted in the item description.
We PAT test standard lamps, table lamps and desk lamps before they are sent out on each hire; we also check they are practical and ready to use. Pendant lamps are sent without plugs, not PAT tested and will need to be wired on set / location
Some of our large and heavy mirrors cannot be hung and must be leant against a stable surface only – this will be highlighted in the item description.
Some items may be sent in parts and will need to be assembled on set. This may include shelving units, cupboards, beds and divans. All parts will be listed in the item description on your quote and delivery note. Please contact us for further assembly instructions.
Fragile and Non-Practical Items
Some of our more delicate, vintage items are not for practical use and are props only. This may include items such as ladders and bikes. This will be high-lighted in the item description.
Item Care and Instructions
For more information on stock and how we recommend to handle and package items, please see our Item Care and Instructions guidelines provided with all quotes and delivery notes. This is also available to download below.